“What sets your firm apart is that your baby lawyers are expected very early on to be in court. Being in court does not get taught in books, requires the ability to think on your feet, and necessitates an ability to convey confidence in the face of bad facts/bad law. Any lawyer that gets through your vetting process is clearly smart. ”
– Former Harris County State District Judge on new AZA lawyers
AZA summer associates can expect to get a substantial taste of what it is like to work with our team of trial lawyers. We strive to make this summer clerkship as close to a working lawyer experience as possible. Just as our new lawyers can expect a meaningful role in at least one bona fide trial in their first year with us, our summer associates can expect to witness at least one courtroom session or deposition. Summer associates will work on real motions and briefs. And they will participate in mock arguments before former judges who will decide a winner. We want our summer associates to get real exposure to our legal work to see if our kind of trial-ready practice is one where you will excel. AZA seeks summer associates who know they want to be real trial lawyers, exhibit initiative and yearn for a jury trial within their first 12 months in practice.
AZA is ranked by Vault among the nation’s top mid-sized law firms. AZA ranked overall sixth in the nation in the “best midsized firms to work for” category. AZA was nationally third in satisfaction; fourth in quality of work; sixth in compensation; ninth in diversity, hours, and firm culture; 10th in selectivity of hires and 11th in career outlook. See Vault’s 2020 Best Midsize Law Firms to Work For.
The Vault survey responses about AZA can be seen here (subscription required). Praise from AZA associates who responded to the Vault survey includes:
- On quality of work – “There is nowhere to get more ownership or front-line experience than this firm.”
- On firm culture – “There are virtually no firm politics at AZA. The culture is all about finding the most practical, cost-efficient way to deliver a win for the client. There are virtually never fights over ‘turf’ or who gets credit for a big win.”
- On satisfaction – “Plenty of responsibility at all levels for high-stakes litigation.”
- On associate/partner relations – “The mentality is that if you work the case up and know the case, you’ve earned the opportunity to do the fun things that made you be a lawyer.”
- On lateral & clerk integration – “AZA just throws us in the mix, and we learn from experience. It’s the only way to really learn how to be a courtroom attorney in my opinion, and AZA nails it.”
Ahmad, Zavitsanos, Anaipakos, Alavi & Mensing P.C.
1221 McKinney, Suite 2500
Houston, Texas 77010
Phone (713) 655-1101
Fax (713) 655-0062
Attorney Employment Inquiries should be directed to:
Liz Bernardy – firstname.lastname@example.org